Monday, March 13, 2023

A Couple of Weeks in Arizona, March 1 - 13, 2023

While the weather has been nice here in Phoenix, Flagstaff has received more than twice the normal amount of snow.  We had plenty of snow in our backyard.  And ere is our across the street neighbor unable to get into his garage. 


As we walked the neighborhood, we saw evidence of storm damage - I am glad our HOA took preventive action and had several trees cut down.  I am sure this avoided many problems.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On one of the days when leaving the Desert Botanical Garden, I saw this egret in a very dry location.  I used the zoom on my camera, so it is not the best photo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We continue to take Piper to Granada park for walks - both she and we enjoy walking there. 


 
One day, a whole batch of turtles were sunning themselves on the side of the upper pond.  I was surprised that Piper and I were able to get so close before that started jumping back into the pond.





 

There are also lots of Mexican poppies, desert marigolds, brittlebush and creosote bushes that are in bloom at the park.

 
One day, Patty and I went to the Beatitudes for lunch.  The Hong Kong orchid trees were in bloom and we ate outside in the shade of those trees.

 

I organized a trip for the Tuesday DBG Docents.  We met at Cave Creek Regional Park visitor center, then drop to the trailhead for the Slate Trail and hiked out to the Michelin Mad saguaro.  After our hike, we drove to the Grotto Cafe in Cave Creek for a wonderful lunch.




No comments:

Post a Comment