Thursday, December 7, 2017

Deem Hills Park, Monday, December 4, 2017

While looking around online one day, I saw a Phoenix park I had not heard of.  So after some research and preparation, we decided to go visit.  Deem Hills Park is north of Happy Valley Road but is still within the far northern reaches of the city of Phoenix.  We decided to try to hike part of the six mile long Circumference Trail.  It is rated as moderate, and true to the rating, had a fair share of sizable ups and downs of 300 - 400 feet in multiple locations.



 




The trails are well marked and easy to follow, but like most of the city parks, the distance on the markers is significantly less than what my pedometer shows - from the signs, I thought we had hiked about five miles (two and a half out and then back, rather than going all the way around the park) but my pedometer showed about seven miles.  Needless to say, we were both thirsty and tired when we finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment