Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wednesday evening and Thursday at Vaughan Town

Wednesday evening, our last hour before dinner (8-9p.m.) was entertainment hour.  Peg had some photos from the two years (2010-2011) she and her husband spent in Panama as Peace Corps volunteers.  Her sister Kay had slides showing some of the creative artwork she did - all by welding scrap metal into a variety of beautiful large pieces of art.  Then a group of five Anglos and Spaniards did some humorous improv about a doctor's office visit.  Finally, six of the beautiful women serenaded us in a most humorous manner.


Thursday morning, I went for my morning walk at 7:30.  As I looked east at the Guadarama Mountains, the sun was up but above the interesting cloud cover that hung of the mountains. 

 By mid-morning, those clouds brought us light, swirling snow all day long.  It never amounted to much (maybe an inch), but it added a nice white coat to everything.

As I continued my walk, I found an interesting collection of buildings.  La Cija Taller d Porcelina (www.lacija.com) makes decorated porcelain items.  It was too early to go in the store to see their wares, but I was intrigued by the design and construction of the buildings.




I also discovered that our resort has several different areas for kids, including a soccer camp, tobogganing, animals, etc.  It is obviously a busy resort - I am told that they are sold out in the summer.  They have 49 rooms in the hotel where we are and 29 rooms in the Posada (inn).






After breakfast, we had a regular morning - although for the first time all week, I had two periods of free time.  After lunch, we had our last one-to-one and then two of hours of listening to the Spaniards make their 10-12 minute presentations.  They were all very good.  The one by the man who has done an Ironman triathalon in Germany caught my attention.  And one woman who told us about her school based on Summerhill in Suffolk, England (we studied that when I was in college in 1971) and the Sudbury Day School in Framingham, MA - the big innovation is that the school is multilingual, which is why she was here improving her English - www.lalibelula.com is the website for her school.


No comments:

Post a Comment