Sunday, May 12, 2013

Springtime in Vermont

Not only was spring in Arizona beautiful, the same applies here in Vermont.  We got in late Saturday night, so I did not see much.  But while walking the dog this morning, I came across many beautiful blooms.  Azaleas were losing their blooms, as were most of the daffodils.  But many others were in bloom - dogwood, crab apple, lilacs, some tulips, even dandelions.  As I started my morning walk with Shadow, I was pleasantly surprised by the trees in blossom here in Quarry Ridge Condos and in Summer Woods (one block over, they use the same landscapers).





Maple trees now have both leaves and the many seed pods we used to call helicopters - the wings on both sides of each seed make them spin like copters as they fall off the tree.


In Jaycee Park down the street, many other trees bushes were in bloom.







Back in Quarry Ridge, the wonder of spring time continues.






When I got back inside our condo, I noticed outside the door that a chickadee was gathering nesting material from the door mat.  I am sorry that the photo did not come out better.  After the installation of the storm door (we have not put the screen in yet for the summer), it appears that it is so soundproof, the chickadee did not here Patty, me or the dog although we were only two feet away.


When heading out to the Red Cross, I noticed next door - those are piles of the pink petals from the blossoms that are now falling off the tree between our condo and the two next door.


And when out walking the dog this afternoon, I noticed one of the houses out on Patchen Road.  It is hard to tell from this photo, but this one bush had both dark purple blooms on one side and much lighter pinkish/purple blossoms on the other side.


All in all, a beautiful time to be back in Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment