Saturday, July 11, 2020

I'm not 70 any more, July 9, 2020

Last year, we celebrated my 70th birthday in France.  I was speechless when leaving the Royal Chateau in Amboise to find that Ben and Martha had joined Helen, Laura, Tammy, Patty and me.


This year was much more low key, what with the Covid-19 pandemic and Arizona leading the USA in infections (and the USA leading the world) - travel is not happening for most people.  This year it was phone calls and zoom sessions.  Martha and Ben sent me prints of photos from Amboise, all of which made me smile, plus a nice new hat from Street Roots.


There were many other thoughtful and fun gifts and cards.



Harking back to our childhood in the 1950s, my sister Helen sent me a large bag of Tri-Sum potato chips - they did not last long. 


As I recall, they used to come in metal cans - but when I checked on their website, Tri-Sum.com, they don't have those for sale any more, but they are proud of their history.


We also had fun planning and creating a card and gifts for Martha and Ben's 15th anniversary (it was nice of them to get married on my birthday - that way I cannot forget their anniversary).  As with the smiles and laughter on our end, they had fun on their end.



No comments:

Post a Comment