Sunday, April 24, 2022

Weekend in Porto, Portugal, April 22 - 24, 2022

Before going to Braga, Portugal, with Fuller Center for Housing, I flew into Porto, Portugal and spent the weekend adjusting to the time change - eight hours difference between Phoenix and Porto.

Friday, after getting settled into my hotel room, I met up with Celia, Virginia and Richard for dinner.  We found a nice restaurant nearby and I had salad, grilled hake and vegetables.


Saturday, I met up with Mike, Martha and Forrest, and Celia and I wandered the streets of Porto.



We crossed over the Douro River on the lower level of the Pont Luis I - it was under construction so the walkways were just one way in each direction.





We walked along the south side of the Douro River to the lower end of the cable car.


We took the cable car back up to the upper level of the bridge.




Then we crossed back over to the north side of the river on the upper level of the bridge.




By Saturday evening, 13 of the team was able to go out to dinner together.  We ate on the roof top portion of the Casa Guedes restaurant.  A fine time was had by all - Robin and I enjoyed our two liters of sangria and shared it with several others.

Sunday morning, several of us had breakfast at the hotel.  I went out wandering the town and discovered a nice park to wander through.






And there were many buildings, especially churches, that have the famous Porto blue tiles.


Sunday afternoon, all of us gathered and then went off to the FCH Domus, where we will be staying for the next six nights and working each day in Braga.


No comments:

Post a Comment