Thursday, December 1, 2022

Another week in Villajoyosa with Estacion Inglesa, Oct. 29 to Nov. 4, 2022

I flew to Madrid on October 26 and 27.  When I arrived, I took the metro to Atoche train station and quickly got my train tickets to Alicante - when I was here in May, it took nearly three hours to get tickets, this time it was less than ten minutes.  I then walked to my hotel through Retiro Park, still resplendent with flowers and police on horseback. While walking around I also saw this bike in the window, reminding me of Ben and Martha's recent trek.




 After taking the train to Alicante on Saturday, I wandered around the waterfront.




 Estacion Inglesa began Sunday afternoon, Oct. 29.  Maria kept us busy with a good schedule.

 


 

Beautiful flowers were in bloom in Villajoyosa.


As always, Villajoyosa is beautiful, especially the old structures, the flora and the sunrises.  Another beautiful Tuesday.




 Great weather on Wednesday.  We did some group activities - creating a photo journal where we are given the start and the finish and have to create seven steps in between.


We had a tour of the city, the Spaniards did their oral presentations in English, we partied Thursday evening and then said adios on Friday.  I hope to be back again soon.


 


Then it was on the train Friday afternoon back to Madrid. I met up with my former colleague Norm and his wife Linda. Norm and I went to the Friday evening English Speaking Group.  Saturday, Norm got his wife to the airport for her return to Vermont.  He and I visited the Casa de la Moñeda (Museum of Money) and had a great late lunch at a sidewalk cafe.  Sunday, we took a taxi to the Vaughan Town offices - what should have been a 15 minute ride became 45 minutes because of the Madrid Marathon, and we still had to walk the last three blocks to get there.  Norm went off to Gredos for the week, and I walked the 8 kms back to the hotel.  That afternoon I had a wonderful Spanish lunch with Angel and his family -  I had met Angel during Vaughan Town in August. After lunch, we walked through Retiro Park, said goodbye and I continued on to my hotel.  And Monday it was back on the plane to Phoenix.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment