Sunday, February 4, 2018

Julianne Comes to Visit Part 1, Wed. - Sat., Jan. 31 - Feb. 3, 2018

On Wednesday, Patty and I spent several hours at Ikea selecting cabinets, hardware, counter top and appliances for redoing our kitchen.  Then I went to the airport to meet Julianne.  I have never seen traffic like this before.  Both in and out of the airport, it was bumper to bumper at 5 - 10 mph.  We got back to our condo and had a pleasant evening dinner, wine and discussion.

Thursday morning, Julianne and I picked up Jane, and the three of us went to Saint Vincent de Paul to volunteer for two hours in the kitchen.  We spent the entire time cutting up potatoes, filling two 50 gallon barrels - each time we seem to get more efficient and get more work done.  After, we went to the Breakfast Club in downtown Phoenix; Jane and I each had eggs Benedict and Julianne had huevos rancheros - yum.



Thursday afternoon included a Costco run and a relaxing afternoon on the patio.  Friday, Julianne, Patty and I went on a 90 minute tour of Taliesen West followed by an excellent lunch at Bluewater Grill.








Early Saturday morning, I went for a three mile walk and saw the contrast between the bright morning sun in the east and the still nearly full moon in the west.


 
After breakfast, Julianne, Patty and I went for a nice hike on the Granite Mountain Loop Trail in Scottsdale - a pleasant six mile hike with perfect weather.


When we returned home, we ordered pizza and salad from Spinatos.  On my way to pick up our dinner, I saw a new sign up the street - Phoenix is getting weird.


After dinner, we had a pleasant evening watching part one of Ice Eagles, a two dvd history of flight in Antarctica - very informative video with lots of great photos where we would pause and tell stories about what we have learned from Megan living and working in Antarctica.

No comments:

Post a Comment