Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Our time in Prescott comes to an end, Aug. 29, 2018

One of the things we did this month was to go to several open houses, learning about neighborhoods, the 150+ HOAs (and lack of zoning), house prices and more.  One house we visited had this nice bike parked nearby.


I went back to Phoenix on the 21st.  One thing we noticed in Prescott was all kinds of signs for the many Republicans running for office.  In Phoenix, I walked the half mile from our home to The Windsor for dinner with Anne.  While there were many signs in Phoenix, I saw none for Republicans, only signs for Democrats.


Tuesday the 28th was my last day volunteering at the Prescott Habitat ReStore.  Near the end of my shift, they had a small cake, a card and a gift of a paperweight for me.  I have really enjoyed my time there - both the staff and volunteers do a great job of creating order out of the chaos of donations and manage to make a profit to build more homes.


Wednesday we pack for our departure on Thursday to attend to appointments in Phoenix before we leave for our Flagstaff rental on Saturday.  Adios, Prescott - I hope we visit again.


No comments:

Post a Comment