Monday, November 4, 2019

October in Phoenix, Oct. 14 - 28, 2019

It was a busy second half of the month in Phoenix.  On the 14th, Howard Air came to troubleshoot our new air conditioning system that was making a strange noise - it turns out that the hole for our air return needs to be larger.  On the 15th, I had my regular Tuesday Docent day at the Desert Botanical Garden.  On the 16th, I attended a tax and retirement seminar at the Yucca branch of the Phoenix library.  On the 18th, I helped clean the office of the Carlyle Condo clubhouse.  On the 19th, I walked the Bridle Path with Jane and Anne, then we went to breakfast at the nearby Wildflower Cafe.  On the 21st, I attended the annual docent training at the Desert Botanical Garden.  On the 22nd, I did my regular docent day and at lunch we met the new Director of Education, Marie, and celebrated Karin's birthday.


Birthday girl Karin

Our new Education Director Marie
On the 24th and 25th, I was a mad botanist at the Halloween celebration at the Desert Botanical Garden.  Among other things for the young (and young at heart) we had unicorns.  I was at the grasshopper snacks station, where I encouraged people to eat some dehydrated grasshoppers (yes, I ate many of them to show it was okay).


On Sunday the 27th, Patty and I went to listen to a concert at the Botanical Garden given by "Travelers"- they played a fusion of music from all over the world.  Then we explored the garden after dark, and could see all of the Wild Rising from Cracking Art that is lit up at night.




 

As things looked more and more certain, we packed up things to move to our new home in Flagstaff.  On the 28th, we moved a truckload of things from our home in Phoenix to our new home in Flagstaff.



With the closing at noon on the 28th, we were officially owners of two homes and the next chapter of our lives our begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment