Friday, March 13, 2020

State and National Public Health Emergency, Friday, March 13, 2020

Our original plan was to drive from Flagstaff to Phoenix today, Friday, March 13, for a St. Patrick's Day concert at the Desert Botanical Garden this evening; along the way, we planned to stop in Prescott to visit Anne and Shawn at their new home and to have lunch with them.  But the weather forecast showed snow for Friday, so we drove to Phoenix Thursday.  Friday morning, Anne set me photos of the snow in Prescott - we were glad to have come a day before the snow storm.




On Wednesday afternoon, Gov. Ducey declared a public health emergency for the state of Arizona.  Friday morning I went out shopping.  I was successful in getting three new golf umbrellas at Home Depot, but I noticed a very busy store and empty shelves where the usual cleaning supplies are such as Lysol Disinfectant spray and wipes.

I then went to Costco on 44th St and Thomas, and could not even get close to the door.


I went to the nearby Target - empty shelves in spite of rationing.





Even Staples was out of materials, as was Office Max and every other store I tried.


And then our President declared a National Emergency - and it only got worse.  I was able to get into the Costco near us in the afternoon, but they were out of many things - even all the dog food was gone.  Lines were long at all of the registers.  What a mess.  And then our concert for tonight was cancelled and the show we planned to go to Wednesday was postponed.

No comments:

Post a Comment