Saturday, May 28, 2022

May in Arizona, May 3 - 17, 2022

I returned from Portugal on Monday May 2 and did my usual day at the Desert Botanical Garden where we had our last pot luck lunch of the season.  Saturday May 7, I had my third and final meeting with my Wayland Baptist University students.  The husband of one of the students joined us and gave a short performance on a traditional instrument from Senegal. He makes these instruments and gives performances including at an event later that day.


The following weekend, Patty and I went to Flagstaff.  We participated in the pro-choice march in support of Roe v Wade.







 
Back at the Carlyle, another board member and I cleaned out the garage.  I found Eddy to take the old metal pool furniture and he sold it for scrap.  On another trip, Eddy took away the old concrete planters and trash cans.  This allowed us to clean out the Carlyle garage.  We also cleaned out the pool storage area which also includes the heaters for the spa and pool.  The fire extinguisher was beyond dead, so I went to RCI, bought a new one and installed it.

The monthly HOA board meeting was on the 17th and then I packed for my trip to Spain.



No comments:

Post a Comment