Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Off to Cluj, Romania, May 8 - 10, 2026

On Friday, May 8, I set out for Romania.  United Airlines took me from Phoenix to San Francisco to Munich and finally to Cluj.  As soon as I arrived Saturday afternoon, I had problems - my suitcase did not get there with me.  And then there was this opaque manner of communicating with the airlines to find out what happened.


 


Four of us volunteers were on the same Lufthansa flight and were met by a staff member of Fuller Center.  Sunday we were on our own during the day and I walked around and explored the area around our hotel.
 
 



There are still lots of these Soviet era apartment buildings



 
Sunday evening, we met in the hotel lobby and enjoyed a walk through the park to a nearby mall for our first team dinner. 
 

After dinner, we ambled back to the hotel and got ready to do some work helping to build homes.
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment