Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The start of 2015

After the snow on New Years Day, it continued to be cold.  In the morning, steam rises from our pool.


There is a skim of ice on the puddles.


 By Saturday, the weather had warmed up.  Anne, Patty and I went for a hike in the Scottsdale McDowell Sonoran Preserve.  We started at the Granite Mountain Trail Head, went out on Bootlegger Trail, then Granite Mountain Loop Trail.


The trail got busier as the day warmed.  We met many hikers, runners, mountain bikers and even a few people on horseback.


When we reached the Balanced Rock Trail, we took the short trek there.



 Continuing back on the Granite Mountain Loop Trail, we stopped at this huge saguaro.


After we returned home, I walked over to Jane and Kathy's home to watch the end of the Cardinals wildcard playoff game (they lost).  By the time I went to walk home, it was dark.  I looked up and saw something - no, it is not a UFO, it is the moon blurred a little by my camera (the lights are from their condos).


Due to my unsteady hand, the moon continues to look like a UFO - even the streetlights and car lights look strange.


Without a shaky hand, the moon is much clearer.


By Tuesday, traffic was back to normal during the morning rush hour.  North 7th St is a busy commuter route. When walking Mr. Shadow, I could see the rushing traffic.


I could also see a new sink hole on Colter St.  By the time I got back home Tuesday afternoon, the street was closed.


And so another year has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment