Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A quick trip to Vermont

After Megan and Jon left on Tuesday, I did my usual day at the Desert Botanical Garden, including a shift at the agave station.
















On Wednesday Jan. 20, I flew to Burlington to teach my Federal Tax class.  The record storm was shaping up, and when I got off the plane in Burlington, I the text message and email from United that I could make a change in my return flights because of the storm.  This was the storm that dropped record amounts of snow in the northeast, except it did not impact Vermont.  Instead of leaving Saturday afternoon for Newark and then Phoenix, I was able to reschedule to Saturday morning via Chicago to Phoenix.  I did this before leaving the airport.

After getting my rental car, I drove out to Jeffersonville where I would stay for three nights at the Smugglers Notch Inn.  Vermonters don't let cold interfere with life.  Patio dining in Vermont is different from patio dining in Phoenix.


Jeffersonville also has some interesting artwork, but I have no idea why this zebra was painted.


Class went well.  The weather was cold, each night dropping into the single digits or below zero.  When I left the Inn Saturday morning, it was minus 7 degrees.  My flight to Chicago went well.  While at the airport, I went for a long walk to get my exercise and came across this urban garden in the airport.


And I got back home safely Saturday afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment