Saturday, February 27, 2016

Tuesday in Wroclaw, Feb. 16, 2016

Tuesday was a quiet day where I took it easy, got school work done and rested up.  I had a chicken sandwich for lunch at what is supposed to be one of the best place for burgers and sandwiches, Rock Burgers.  I found it on my way to locate where I would be speaking Friday evening. 
















As I had read, Wroclaw is built on the islands in the Odra River - this means there are many bridges.















 I walked across the Most Pokoju (most is Polish for bridge) and went by the new library for Wroclaw University.



The meeting place for Friday evening was in Fabryka Sensu - a non-profit office sharing space.  It is in an ordinary building with businesses on the ground floor and residences above.  I asked several local businesses but none of them knew of the organization.  I finally found someone who directed me to the door with the correct street number - several residences were listed but not Fabyka Sensu.  So I pushed #4 on the intercom (which was on the address) and I was allowed in.  I went up to the second floor and got to see the space.  It is a very nice office suite made from what had been a large apartment - several offices, conference rooms, kitchen and bathroom.  


Walking to and finding the Fabryka Sensu office allowed me to easily exceed my daily goal of 15,000 steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment