Saturday, February 27, 2016

Wednesday in Wroclaw, Feb. 17, 2016

Wednesday, I had scheduled a meeting with one of the professors from the Institute of Political Science at Wroclaw University.  All of the Social Science departments and institutes are in a different section of town, about 5 kilometers from my hotel.  So I had a pleasant walk there in the morning, again crossing over the rivers several times.


















Wroclaw has been selected as one of the two European Capitals of Culture for 2016, thus there were many signs and murals with that designation (look closely at the upper left and you can see it).


In the USA, we have 7 - 11 convenience stores, in Poland they have 6 - 23 (some of 6 - 24) because they use the 24 hour clock.  I particularly liked this chain.


I received a tour of the Institute of Political Science and then Piotr and I visited a room decorated by students with political posters from the last 25 years (after the call of the Soviet Union).



Piotr and I had lunch in a local restaurant, and then I spoke to two dozen international students.  After a long day, I walked back to the hotel, and found a delightful restaurant where for 18 Polish Zlotys (about $5.00) I had three types of salad, pork with mushrooms and potatoes, and a half liter of beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment