Thursday, June 2, 2016

A quick trip to Phoenix and a quiet end of May 2016

Patty continued her flying lessons when weather permitted.  I went to Phoenix because I had bought tickets to teach my class, but the class was canceled due to low enrollment.  Here is some of the construction going on south of us between 7th and 8th Streets on the north side of Camelback Road in Phoenix.  It will be the new Earnhardt Lexus dealership.



There are also new restaurants opening just north of us on the west side of 7th Street.




Thursday night, I volunteered as a path guide at the Arizona Ballet performance at the Desert Botanical Garden. There were multiple events going on that evening and my main job was to direct people to the correct part of the garden for the event they were attending.

When I showed up at the Garden, I met this nice king snake just outside the back door of the volunteer center - he moved quickly to get out of my way so by the time I got my camera out I only captured his last half as he slithered out of sight.


Back in Portland, one day while shopping I found these chips for Ben - he loves maple and bacon, so it was a perfect gift for him


Mr. Shadow continues to get groomed and to go for walks - he is a most reliable friend.


On my last morning walk on June 1, I came across these beautiful flowers on the trail that runs along the northern side of Laurelhurst Park.



And finally, midmorning on June 1, Martha brought us to the Portland Airport and the traveling geriatric circus set out for Bolivia via Houston, TX, and Lima, Peru.



No comments:

Post a Comment