Wednesday, April 11, 2018

More birds on my brain, Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tuesday morning I was at the Cactus Station for two hours - lots of visitors on Community Day (previously known as Free Tuesday) at the Desert Botanical Garden.  But it was not until my two hour afternoon shift at the Mesquite Station that I saw this hummingbird.  S/he rested repeatedly on this limb near me - so I decided to see how close I could get to take photos.  So I approached slowly with my arms outstretched with my cellphone and snapped this series of photos over a period of a couple of minutes.  My cell phone camera does allow for four times magnification so that is what I used for all of these photos, but that still means I got very close to this wonderful bird.












S/he was not deterred by me - but finally flew off after I had walked away after taking this series of photos. 

1 comment: