Thursday, March 14, 2019

Back in Phoenix, Feb. 26 - Mar. 5, 2019

On Tuesday, I did my usual day at the Desert Botanical Garden and shared two bars of dark chocolate with honey from El Barco de Avila.  On Wednesday, I did my usual morning at Saint Vincent de Paul and shared a jar of almonds covered with dark chocolate and another bar of dark chocolate with honey from El Barco de Avila.  It made for a sweet day at both locations.

Thursday, my early morning walk included a beautiful sunrise and ducks in the Carlyle swimming pool.




Patty and I then drove to the Granite Mountain Loop trail head - the construction of the new visitor center looks near to completion.  We headed north and passed by some amazing saguaros.



It took us 90 minutes to reach my goal, the "Michelin Man" saguaro.


 
 

From there, it was a short 10 minute walk to the double crested saguaro.


Then it was 90 minutes back to the trail head, past many beautiful wildflowers in bloom, many balanced rocks and more amazing saguaros.












A wonderful day of hiking.  The rest of my week was spent readjusting to the eight hours difference between Madrid and Phoenix, running errands, getting ready for Julianne's visit, physical therapy for my right shoulder torn rotator cuff and another regular day at the Desert Botanical Garden on Tuesday March 5.  Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment