Saturday, May 4, 2019

Friday in Ketchikan, May 3, 2019

Friday morning when we arrived at Megan's office, it was low tide and lots of star fish were exposed on the rocks, both in and out of the water.



After spending a couple of hours at the office, Megan had to run errands and dropped me off at Safeway to wander around Ketchikan and get in my daily dose of 15,000 steps (I ended up with more than 23,000).  I shared these photos with my students so that they can get a feel for how narrow Ketchikan's buildable strip of land can be.  I took the first photo while standing on the sidewalk in the second photo.



Ketchikan averages 20 times as much rain as Phoenix - 150 inches vs 7.5 inches.


Some of the staircases between streets are designated as city streets complete with street signs.


And of course, Creek Street is not a paved street, but rather the wooden walkway over the the creek.




Friday night was Art Walk in Ketchikan and we visited several stores before pizza and drinks.  Another fun day in Alaska.


No comments:

Post a Comment