Friday, January 15, 2021

Another week at home with Covid-19, Jan. 5 - 12, 2021

We moved my office from the small space in the hallway into the guest bedroom.  One part of that was moving these pictures to the blue wall.


On of the gifts Megan gave me for Christmas was a New York Times crossword puzzle calendar - each day I get to do one of the crosswords and it makes me think of Megan.


Patty ordered some new baking dishes, including this ceramic pie pan that she used to make a scrumptious apple pie.




To make more room in the guest bedroom for my office, we converted the hinged doors to sliding doors.  This involved removing the hardware from the doors.




While letting paint dry, we hiked in Picture Canyon.  There was no snow except for the shaded north side of things, and even that was very minimal - did I mention this has been one of the driest winters ever?


Here are the sliding doors finished.


Here is a closer look at some of the new dishes.






On the 12th, there was beautiful sunrise but it was only 6 degrees when I took the dog out - this required a sweatshirt and coat, both with hoods up over the winter hat with flaps down over the ears.




An hour later and more than two miles along, it was warm enough to lower both hoods, roll up the ear flaps and partially unzip the coat and sweatshirt - it was a toasty 15 degrees!




We continue to avoid people and when we go out, it is to hike.  If I must go to the store, I am there when they open at 6:00 and I get in and out as fast as possible.  Whenever possible, we order online and have things delivered.  The numbers of infections, hospitalizations and deaths continue to rise and Arizona stays at or near the top in the USA.  I had my first telemedicine visit - my annual physical with the VA was done using their video system.  I am on the on call list for Covid-19 vaccine - if someone at the VA cancels or if they have an open bottle of vaccine that needs to be finished, I will be called to the VA for my vaccine.  Locally, they are vaccinating group 1B which includes people age 75 and up - Patty and I are both in group 1C, people age 65 and up.  My guess is that we will get vaccinated in the next month or so.  We continue to wear masks, sanitize hands and maintain distance form others.  This, too, shall pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment