Saturday, January 30, 2021

Snow, snow and more snow, January 15 - 30, 2021

On Monday the18th, MLK Day, it was warm and sunny - so warm that after our hike, we sat out front in the sun and had a drink.  Patty even took her shoes off

The next morning, we had a stunning sunrise before the storm brought snow - less than 24 hours from when we sat in the sun.


And then the snow came.




They had an unusual way of plowing, making snow banks six feet tall where they pushed the snow.

On the 22d and 23rd, we had another storm with about 6 inches of snow.



Cars could not make it up the hill behind us.




The big storm came on the evening of Sunday the 24th - it snowed continuously until midday on Tuesday the 26th.  The official report said 31 inches at the airport with as much as 47 inches in various locations.  We easily had more than 30 inches - I shoveled 8 times over three days, each time there was 4 - 8 inches of snow.  The snowbanks out front were chest high.








Cars in the HOA near us where buried.

On the 28th, while walking the dog after lunch, I was called by the VA - I was number one on the standby list.  I brought the dog home and got there in less than 20 minutes.  I got the first dose of the Moderna Vaccine and have an appointment for the second dose on Feb. 25.  On Friday the 29th, it snowed again, between 6 and 8 inches.  

Covid numbers are still bad, with Arizona being the worst in the USA, while the USA has the worst numbers in the world.  Had I not stumbled into this opportunity with the VA, I would be like Patty and many of our friends and neighbors, searching constantly for an appointment for the vaccine.  Even with the vaccine, I now wear two masks when I go to the store or medical appointments.  And as before, I continue to go at times when I have limited exposure to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment