Saturday, February 7, 2015

Vaughan Town El Tiemblo last day Friday Jan. 30

Among other things, our last day included taking group photos, some serious and some not so serious.  these were taken on the bridge out behind the building where we had our meeting room and conference calls.





We had our last one on ones, break periods and our last lunch together.



This was the table wine we enjoyed all week.


And then we had the closing ceremony, where everyone got a certificate and a big round of applause.


We then all departed for Madrid and points beyond.  A few people drove, but most took the bus and we said our goodbyes once we arrived back at the Eurobuilding in Madrid.

Harry and I then went upstairs to the Vaughan Town office where we got to meet Gabriela, the new Anglo Coordinator and also ran into Mayte, the former Anglo Coordinator who has now been promoted to run several of the programs for Vaughan Systems.  I was able to get some Vaughan Town brochures and posters for my upcoming presentation at the American Pilgrim meeting in April.

Harry and I then took a taxi to our hotel, dropped off our luggage, and then soon headed out for the Friday night English Speaking Club at La Roja.  This week, James, a British ex-pat, was the emcee. 


The task assigned to each table was to come up with a product (other than a translator, transporter, time machine and some other limits) and then a short skit to act out before the group.  Thr product was supposed to be something ridiculous. 


Our group came up with a magic hair removal product.  Harry sat in a chair wearing my green jacket.  The four Spaniards explained the "Atomic Rain Water" as a mix of water from Chernobyl and Fukashima, as well as local water from Spain.  They explained the product in English and made believe they were applying it to Harry.  Harry then left the stage to allow the product to work.  He gave me my coat back and I returned with the hood over my head and obscured my face.  I sat down in the chair with the hood over my head and my face to the floor.  As the ad continued, they then removed the hood to show my bald head as evidence of how the hair removal product worked.  Everyone laughed and had a great time with all of the talking, planning and acting out of the skits.  It was determined that the next time I return to Spain, I will be the emcee for the two ESG meetings I attend. 

Harry and I then returned to the hotel to get a good night's sleep and to prepare for our trip to Sevilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment