Friday, August 12, 2016

Lewis and Clark Recreation Area and Glenn Otto Park, July 12, 2016

On my morning walk, I went west to Col. Summers Park and then turned south on SE 17th AVe and discovered the beautiful gardens of the World Buddhist Preaching Association, Oregon Branch.  I was not aware that Buddhists preached, but I love their beautiful gardens.


















Later that day, I drove Patty to her flying less and I went to explore the Lewis and Clark Recreation Area just across the Sandy River. They have nice signs to educate you both about Lewis and Clark as well as the native flora in the park.









The park is not very large, so afterwards I walked across the highway to look at the State of Oregon boat launch.


There is a paved bike path that leads back along Highway 30, under the railroad tracks and out to Interstate Highway 80.



I then drove back into Troutdale and just over the bridge discovered the small Glenn Otto Community park.  It has nice picnic facilities and playground, trails, restrooms and even a beach area on the river that has lifeguards during the summer months.







All in all, a pleasant couple of hours while Patty was flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment