Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 is out, 2018 begins, Saturday to Monday, Dec. 30 2017 - Jan. 1, 2018

On my Saturday morning walk, I stopped at the corner of Camelback Road and 7th Street.  This is where the Fiesta Bowl Parade turned to my left to head towards downtown Phoenix.  It reminded me of my years in marching band at Oakmont Regional High School some 50+ years ago.



Saturday evening when I was out, the moon was nearly full, but the camera on my cell phone does strange things to light sources, as seen in this photo and video.




Sunday morning was quite warm when I went for my morning walk.


People talk about Portland OR being weird, but Phoenix has a share of weirdness as well.  The Swell store sells merchandise for consuming different marijuana products.  The Swell Farmacy sells the marijuana products.  And next to it is a local Mexican restaurant to satisfy the munchies from the marijuana consumption.


Further on my Sunday morning walk, I came across a new bike stop next to a bus stop.  Besides the bikes for the bike share program (no bikes were at this site), the site provides water, books and a place to charge your cell phone.



Getting back to the weird factor, Phoenix does have psychics.


 

Patty and I began 2018 with a pleasant walk to The Windsor for brunch, and we started with cocktails.


Getting back to the theme of weirdness in Phoenix, my Monday afternoon walk took me by some of the art on buildings that is worthy of Portland, and there were more psychics, even a Zen Spa for pets.






And in the Basha's shopping center, besides two health food restaurants, there is hot yoga at Core Power, exercise at Reformed Pilates & Spin, and ballet exercise at Pure Barre.  We must live in the weird part of Phoenix, as all these sites are within five blocks of our condo.





We saw "Keep Portland Weird" signs and bumper stickers in Portland - I think we need "Keep Phoenix Weird" signs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment