On Wednesday, I flew to Chicago, then Newark, then overnight to Madrid. Thursday, I visited Faro de Moncloa, or the Moncloa Lighthouse (great views of the city from the observation deck), the Aviation Museum (only from the outside, as it was closed) and the Museum of the Americas - very interesting displays about Spain's influence in and interaction with Central and South American peoples and countries.
I have been to the Royal Botanical Garden that is just down the street from the Prado Museum. Friday, I went to the Royal Botanical Garden Alfonso XIII - it is on the campus of Universidad Complutense de Madrid, and is much smaller, but also very nice.
Friday evening, as usual, I went to the meeting of the English Speaking Group. After 17 years of running the group, Richard had to return to England to deal with family and legal issues, so Carlos has taken over running the weekly meetings. Lots of good discussion on many topics.
Saturday, it was out exploring Retiro Park and neighborhoods I have not visited in a while, also a return visit to the Museum of Money. I relaxed Satruday evening and got ready for my week with Vaughan Town.























No comments:
Post a Comment