Monday, June 25, 2018

Meanderings and Musings around Prescott, AZ, June 11 - 23, 2018

On Monday the 11th, my walk from Lotus Bloom Yoga Studio to the Prescott YMCA took me by Lindquist Family Park, on the east side of the YMCA.  It had some interesting signs on the fence.  Community Prenancy Center does not offer or refer women for abortion or birth control.


On Wednesday the 13th, from Lotus Bloom I went west on Fair Street and passed the now closed Big Johnson store and the Saint Vincent De Paul Thrift store.



 A block further west and I passed the Coalition for Compassion and Justice Thrift Store.



Another block west and the name for Fair Street became evident as I passed the fair grounds where the Prescott Rodeo is held; it claims to be the oldest rodeo in the country.




Because of two weeks of construction of Willow Creek Road, we had to reroute our travels to the Habitat Restore, Lotus Bloom Yoga Studio and Prescott YMCA.  On Thursday the 14th, after finishing my shift at Habitat ReStore, I walked up the hill on Commerce Street to the Brownlow Trail parking lot where Patty and I planned to meet.  There is a nice sculpture of a mountain lion there.




On Friday the 15th, Patty and I went to another free show at the planetarium at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University - this week's show was called "Back to the Moon" and was about the Google X Lunar challenge.  After the show, as we were walking back to the car, I saw a couple of young javelinas wondering by - this was unusual as it was still daylight.  I chased after them to try to get a couple of photos - it is difficult to move quickly and get photos that are not blurry and out of focus.



On Monday the 18th, I went north from Lotus Bloom on Miller Valley Road.  To the east of it, just before the junction with Whipple Street, these is a nice little park and green space that was designed and built to be a rain garden.









At that intersection, the road builders decorated the island between the roads with simple, elegant and artistic flair, using just different types of stone.




And another couple of weeks have passed in Prescott and surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment