Saturday, October 11, 2014

Munich on Saturday Oct. 11

After a good night's sleep, I did some work online Saturday morning and then went out for breakfast.  There are many restaurants and cafes in the area.  I read while having a breakfast panini, fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee.  Then I set off to stroll through this part of Munich.  I headed towards the English Garden and came across some color in the foliage.



I also came across a small parking lot that had reserved parking spaces for some nicely named employees.

From the movie Goldfinger

From Magnum P.I.

From Bonanza
The English Garden is a large park with ponds, streams, paved paths, gravel paths and a myriad of activities.  I saw people walking, jogging, biking, horseback riding, playing frisbee, reading and just enjoying the day.






I then wandered through the University area to get back to the apartment where I am staying.




Through Airbnb, I found this nice rental where I have a private room and private bath in a very nice three bedroom condo.  It is on the German third floor (the American fourth floor) in a gated community.  The street it is on has numerous shops and eateries.  Here are some views from my room.





Here is my room.


There is a large open area for the dining room, living room and kitchen.




Even though on the third floor, they have a large patio with roof top garden.




I feel quite fortunate to have found such a nice place to stay for such a reasonable price.


No comments:

Post a Comment