Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Oct. 13 was my last day in Munich and now back in the USA

Monday was a grey, cool day.  Around doing class work and a conference call, I went on several walks around the neighborhood.  The area where I am staying is between the large Ludwig Maximilian University (45,000 students) and the smaller Munich Technical University (32,000 students) - so there are many places to eat and drink, many fine old and new university buildings.  One walk I did was to the Alter Botanischer Garten.  The new Botanical Garden opened in 1914, so the old garden is now just a lovely park with a real nice cafe and beer garden.

As I walked around for my last day, I saw some interesting signs.  This is not a bar with warm nudes, it is an Asian restaurant which sells many varieties of noodles.


No spiders here, just a nice cafe.


This was not a place for sex change operations, just a nice clothing store.


And this saguaro and Mexican restaurant are just a little out of place - must be the international students that go here.


And so my four week trip has ended and I am at the airport in Chicago, waiting to get back to Phoenix.  It has been a good trip.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment