Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Oxbow Regional Park on April 2, 2017

After this hike, Patty rated this park as one of the best we have hiked, equal to hiking Silver Falls State Park.  The trail follows the Sandy River for several miles, going past campsites and the boat ramp before getting into the more isolated parts of the park.  Then it goes uphill to circle through the woods around Elk Meadow, and down through an area called Ancient Forests with some old growth trees still there.



I hit my head going under this tree.







My walking stick is about 55 inches long, so you can see the size of some of the downed trees.



I did not hit my head going under this tree.  As you can see my walking stick again, the size of this downed tree and the space under it can be seen.


We covered a bit over eight miles in about 3.5 hours.  I hope to return before we leave Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment