Saturday, October 13, 2018

End of Vaughan Town 50/50 and off to Cordoba, Friday and Saturday, Oct. 12 and 13, 2018

All good things must come to an end, and so our week in Alcazar de San Juan ended with presentations Thursday evening, final classes and one to ones Friday morning, and then the certificate ceremony.  We had our last group photos.



Then it was our last lunch and the bus ride back to Madrid.  As scheduled, the bus dropped us off at the Eurobuilding where Grupo Vaughan has offices around 4:30.  I then took a pleasant 50 minute stroll to NH Hotel Ventas - I had a reservation there as it was near to Via 22 Restaurant where the English Speaking Group meets every Friday at 2000.   Unfortunately, the meeting was cancelled due to the National Holiday in Spain which celebrate's Columbus' arrival in the New World.

Saturday, I had the breakfast buffet at the hotel.  I then took a leisurely walk to Atocha Station.  I walked around Ventas Plaza where Madrid's bullfighting activities take place.




I then continued southwest on Calle Alcala and cut through the courtyard of Casa Arabe.


This allowed me to then walk down the east side of Retiro park.


As I turned west, I stopped at the Rosaleda (rose garden) to smell the flowers.


Then it was out of the park, south on Calle de Alfonso XII, and into Atocha Station to catch the train to Cordoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment