Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Monday and Tuesday, Vaughan Town 50/50, Alcazar de San Juan, Oct. 8-9, 2018

Before breakfast Monday, I took a walk to find coffee and then set out to explore part of the town.  I found that there are two Caminos Natural that cross in town - these are not to be confused with the caminos that lead to Santiago de Compestela where religious pilgrims seek to find Saint James.  While paved, no motorized vehicles are allowed.  Where I started, the camino followed an arroyo,






During a break in Vaughan Town activities, I took some photos of the pool area (closed now for the winter) and gardens on the back side of our hotel, Intur Hotel Alcazar de San Juan.





I also took a couple of photos of the hotel's courtyard and stately hallways.



Outside the front of the hotel, there is a wine press for squeezing the grapes (at first I thought is was for squeezing the olives but the Spaniards corrected me).



Tuesday, I went out for a walk and took a photo of the front of the hotel.


As I headed into town, I took some photos of some of the sculptures I passed, including one of Miguel Cervantes (he wrote Don Quixote, among other books).



On my way back to the hotel, I stopped by the bullfighting arena for a photo.


And later Tuesday, I did laundry at a very modern laundramat.


No comments:

Post a Comment