Saturday, October 13, 2018

Exploring Cordoba, Spain, Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018

After checking into my hotel, I had a late lunch and then went for a walk.  There is a festival this weekend and the city is mobbed.  There are marching bands.  It is quite the scene.  After dinner, I went for a walk.  I crossed the River Guadilquiver and could see the ancient Roman Bridge to the west.


From the south side of the newer bridge, I could see the riverwalk and park.


From the riverwalk, I could look back east and see the newer bridge I had just crossed.


As I approached the old bridge, I could see the ancient Roman tower.


After passing under the Roman bridge, I could get a better view of the bridge.


Just a few yards west of the bridge is the old water powered mill used to grind wheat.




From the mill, I could see both the Roman bridge and the building now known as the mosque cathedral of Cordoba, as it had been used by both the Muslims and Catholics.


And then it was back to my hotel for a quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment