Friday, October 12, 2018

Vaughan Town 50/50, Alcazar de San Juan, Wednesday and Thursday, Oct. 10 and 11, 2018

After the Scavenger Hunt, we went back to the hotel and the regular Vaughan Town 50/50 schedule.  When I went out for a walk, I encountered many excited geese being fed by visitors in the park across the street from the hotel.  These photos and this video give a good example of the noise and action.




I continued through the park and passed by a nicely painted school on the other side of the park.




Alcazar de San Juan celebrates their linkage to Miguel Cervantes, creator of Don Quixote.




After lunch Thursday, I used siesta time to explore and went west on the Camino Naturale.  It continued to follow the deepening Arroyo Serna.  I expected to get further out into the countryside, but because the route curved back and forth, that did not happen.  First, I came by a large substation for electricity - virtually all of the power lines from here into the city are underground.



On a distant hill, I could see four old style windmills - unfortunately, I did not have the time to walk there.



The trail passed by a crematorium and large cemetery.


I then took an avenue back into town which had a nice tree lined sidewalk and bike lanes.


I passed by another brightly painted school building.


I ended up at the remaining tower from the castle and walled city, and the courtyard with another statue of Miguel Cervantes.


 





And as luck would have it, the museum was closed when I was there.


I also came across several boulevards where bike lanes went on the center median, with trees planted for decoration and shade.


And then it was back to Hotel Intur for the final presentations by the Spaniards - they all had to give a five minute presentation to the group and they all did a great job speaking in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment