Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Angloville begins Sunday - Wednesday Feb. 21 - 24, 2016

Sunday, we all met as scheduled, hopped and the bus and took the three plus hour ride to Hotel Chojnik (pronounced as hoy-nik).  Only six of the Polish participants were on the bus with us.  Our hotel was located in the mountains in the village of Zachelmie.  The property has two ski lifts on a small ski slope, but there was no snow - they are having a horrible season.  The property is surrounded by the Karkonoski National Park, which protects the Karkonoski Mountains.  We took many walks, both before, during and after scheduled Angloville activities - one on ones, meals in English, entertainment, games and more.













































We finally got some snow on Tuesday.  I went for an early morning walk to a nearby hotel - Hotel Concordia.  Unlike our hotel which was booked with only Angloville participants, Concordia was full of families, as this was school vacation in Poland.  On my way, I passed by the Agro Tour Farm.




Wednesday morning brought more snow.



On one my early morning walks, I discovered a small park in the village that had a sign in Polish, German, Czech and English giving a brief history of the village.




The week went as planned, and I got to meet many very interesting Poles and native English speakers from around the world, much as I have at past Vaughantown, Pueblo Ingles, Englischhausen and Angloville weeks I have done.  I learned much about the history of Poland and of the many cities where the Poles lived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment