Friday, March 4, 2016

Tuesday - Thursday in Santiago, Mar. 1 - 3, 2016

After just missing my goal of 15,000 steps per day in February, I have made it a point to walk more.  Among other places I went Tuesday, I went by the Santiago Train Station where Patty and I had been in May 2015.















With all the rain, on Wednesday, I noted how green things were.







































My sister Helen always enjoys visiting the pastry shops, so when I see great displays, I always take photos for her and tease her that I bet she cannot eat just one.



And after my earlier mistake about roses and camellias, I came across this sign.


On Thursday, I had lunch with my friend Adrian.  We met at Vaughan Town three years ago and have stayed in touch since then.  He lives in Coruńa but works in Santiago.  We got together last May when Patty and I were here.  And we got together for lunch on Thursday.

After lunch, I went to look for the Xardin Botanica as shown on the map.  What I later found out was that there is no formal gardens like I have seen in Madrid and elsewhere, it is just the plants on the campus of USC - Universidad de Santiago de Compestela.  I still had a delightful walk and found the contrast of the old and new, both on the campus and adjacent to the campus.






A mere 15 minute walk and I was in the country.



Here is more of the contrast between old and new from a university that is 700 years old.






No comments:

Post a Comment