Monday, August 14, 2017

Wanderings and wonderings, Saturday and Sunday, August 12 and 13, 2017

Builders and developers tend to like less government rules, freeing them to build and develop more things.  They are usually small government conservatives.  But I think there was a closet democrat in Ketchikan.  All of these streets are connected to Roosevelt Drive.









Always on the lookout for wildlife, I have seen deer and eagles on many of my walks.  But this was a bit different - I assume they are free range.


This is where Megan lives.  She often posts photos from her front porch, on the other side of this building looking out to sea.  The red sled still lives, with nearly 175,000 miles.  Megan lives in an apartment to the left of the lower door.



On my morning walk on Tongass Avenue, I came to what is marked as Elliot Street - that is the staircase that connects Tongass Avenue to Water Street.  This section of Water Street is on pilings above Tongass Avenue - and they are in the midst of a multi-year project to replace the pilings.  It is living on the edge.








 As I continued on my morning walk, I came across several of the ships that were in the harbor - many sizes up to and including large ocean liners.








And after Itasca left MFA, the Georgia came in.




No comments:

Post a Comment