Sunday, April 10, 2016

From a good week to a bad day on Sunday March 27

Sunday, we unpacked and did laundry and then I went out to ship a pair of shoes back to Zappos via UPS.  On my way back home, I was driving west on Camelback Road when a lady sped out of the parking lot of the shopping center where the Total Wine store is located.  I was not injured, but her airbag deployed when her car hit our Volvo.  She could not get out of the driver's side door so I had to go around and help her out.  She had bruises and scrapes, but otherwise seemed okay.



















After the car was towed away, I got a ride back to 7th Street, then walked the three blocks from Camelback up to our condo.

Sunday evening, my step-brother Steve and his friend Diana came and picked us up and the four of us had a nice evening together with dinner at the Bluewater Grill, next to the Total Wine Store where I had the accident.

On Monday morning, after dealing with the insurance company, I made arrangements for a rental vehicle.  We were authorized a full size car, but when I went to the Enterprise Rent-a-car dealer, they made me an offer I could not refuse - a cargo van with a full tank of gas at no charge plus no drop off fee when I returned the car.  We dubbed the van the "WBOW" or White Box On Wheels.  This made for carrying much more stuff with us to Portland than we would have taken in the now dead Volvo.  So in at least one way, the car accident was a blessing.  Here is the walk around inspection I did of the van before accepting it.


No comments:

Post a Comment