Friday, November 16, 2018

Angloville Part VI, Last day at Lipowy Most and return to Warsaw, Friday, Nov. 16, 2018

On my early morning walk, I found a road through the woods and out to the back side of the property adjacent to the hotel.  When I got up to the fence, I saw an additional man made pond (in addition to the doughnut shaped one in the Nov. 15, 2018 post).  It is used as a large fountain, pumping water out of the pond and letting it bubble back down into the pond.


 



As I walked around the pond, I came across a humane trap for beavers, just as was used at our former home in New Hampshire.  And there was plenty of evidence of trees and branches downed by a beaver.





There were also more homes across the field from the pond, but those homes are not visible from the main road.



I followed the road around and back out to the main road, and back to our four corners.  I then went out that side road for a kilometer where a nice VW Passat was parked.  I continued on the road, wondering who had parked out there and why they had done so.  After another kilometer, I found my answer - the driver was out in the woods looking for the last of wild edible mushrooms to be harvested.

After breakfast, I did my last mentor-mentee session with Agnes, providing her with feedback as we walked.  I showed her the pond and beaver activity.  We then walked by the homes we had visited yesterday and today, the horse came over to the fence - but no amount of coaxing would bring the goats closer.



We took some group photos.


We had our last sessions, got our certificates, had our last lunch together, and then said goodbye to those who had driven to Lipowy Most.

The two Agneses heading back to Warsaw
We then boarded the bus and made the three and half hour trek back to Warsaw.  We said our goodbyes and went our own ways - in my case, to the Warsaw Golden Tulip Hotel for a dinner of cream of tomato soup and some nice pierogis.  And so another session of Angloville has ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment