Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving in Phoenix, Wednesday to Friday, Nov. 21 - 23, 2018

Jane and I usually go to Saint Vincent de Paul on Wednesday mornings.  This week, we convinced Cathy, Anne, Shawn and Patty to join us and then to go out for lunch.  Here are Patty and I opening bags of thawed gravy - it was still pretty cold after being frozen.  We emptied enough bags to fill two of those large white barrels.


We also opened up several boxes of rolls of frozen ground beef so it could thaw, and then peeled and diced two 50 pound bags of yellow onions.  After our shift, we went to La Piñata Restaurant for a nice lunch.


Since I had just returned from Poland on Sunday and was getting ready to head out Saturday for Puerto Rico, Patty and I decided to have a quiet Thanksgiving at home - turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing and Brussels sprouts.  And a nice bottle of La Crema chardonnay, with a beautiful centerpiece of flowers sent by Megan.


Friday morning, it was still dark when I went out for my morning walk - and the full moon was setting in the west.


I packed for Puerto Rico, then Patty and I met Anne and Shawn for a pleasant lunch at the Windsor - where we took part in the Black Friday sale of gift cards.  Normally, for $100 you get cards worth $120 - but on Black Friday, for $100 you get cards worth $140 - this was a deal too good to miss.  After lunch, Patty and I drove to Prescott and looked at two possible rentals for summer 2019, and then drove back to Phoenix.  And so my week home in Arizona comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment